Skipton and Craven Greens make electoral stand
8 April 2013
Claire Nash is Skipton and Craven Green Party's candidate for Skipton East Division in the County Council elections on May 2nd.
Claire retired to Skipton after working in libraries and as an elected councillor in Leeds.
Claire Nash says, "As your councillor I would do as I did in Leeds; work on issues raised by you, and represent your views and concerns at local and national levels.
"I am not bound to a 'party line' but I support the Green Party's aim of a sustainable economy and a society that offers more equal chances to all its citizens."
David Noland is Skipton & Craven Green Party's candidate for Mid-Craven Division in the County Council elections on May 2nd.
David is a teacher and father of two young children. He is keen on cycling and sport.
He says; "I joined the Green Party twenty-five years ago because of my concerns about sustainability and equality.
"We need to be less profligate with finite resources - there is only one earth. We need to respect vulnerable people and other species - not abuse and destroy them.
"I try to live more sustainably myself, and I am putting myself forward this year as Green Party candidate for the first time. I hope you will choose me to represent you on the County Council."
Fiona Protheroe is Skipton and Craven Green Party's candidate for Skipton West Division in the County Council elections on May 2nd.
Fiona was brought up in Skipton and returned here with her husband and young family after a few years away working for a county council and the charity CARE International.
She says, "I have a strong concern about the need to live sustainably and protect our environment. I like to take direct action and to help local communities help themselves.
"I am always keen to hear from residents about their concerns and priorities."
Facebook: Skipton and Craven Green Party
- Petition on £1 Billion cuts refused by NHS England
- Syria Vigil in Hull
- Fracking madness
- Natalie Bennett selected for Sheffield Central
- Fracking overrule is an affront to democracy
- Green MEP slams government over failure on ‘cheap’ renewables
- Statement from Caroline Lucas on the Westminster attack
- Police whistleblower alleges illegal hacking of campaigners’ emails
- Greens issue stinging rebuke to Princess Anne after GM intervention
- Green MEP challenges government to eradicate money laundering following ‘laundromat’ revelations